Monday, April 18, 2011

Trip to Trader Joes.....

I've  been to TJs a million times in the past but today was the first day that I REALLY took a good look around and I DID find some great buys.....

****REMINDER--I weigh everything so serving sizes will be based on that when I cook these****

Breaded Chicken Breasts
Thanks to Marisa (Loserforlife), I was on the search for these. I got them.  They are a great size and with some Texas Pete, made an awesome Buffalo Chicken Breast!  Loved it....But for the price, I don't think I will get these again. (3PP)

Chinese Chicken and Vegetable Dumplings
I love Chinese and I haven't really had any since starting WW. But these little dumplings caught my eye.  Not to happy with the sodium content (probably the sauce).  Will definitely be dinner one night this week along with some rice.  (6 dumplings 4PP)

Seafood Blend
I LOVE seafood.  Especially Calamari!  When I saw this bag of yummy goodness, I couldn't resist.  Might be using up some extras to fry these puppies up!  (2 PP/serving)


Sesame Honey Cashews
I saw these and I KNEW I had to have them.  I asked the cashier to give me a sec to figure up the points.  He was nice to allow me that quick sec!  Well I bought them and I DID taste one.  OMG!  YUMMY!  (1 serving (30 g)=5PP)

Reduced Fat Fish Sticks
Again, I love fish....I have been thinking of trying fish sticks with Maya to give her a little bit of variation in her diet as well.  So when I saw these, I said, "why not now!"  (6 sticks 6PP)


Mini Baguettes
I didn't realize how much I didn't NEED to eat bread with every meal but I do indulge every now and then.  These are really a nice size!  (1 baguette=3 PP)

Eggplant Garlic Spread
I LOVE me some Olive Tapenade on top of bread.  BUT it much more fattening than this stuff.  And I am sure its PP expensive!  So I will give this a try.  I LOVE eggplant and I LOVE me some garlic.  Can't wait to try this with that baguette!  (1T=1 PP)

I got a few other things like liquid egg whites (0 PP) and some Strawberry Yogurt with Probiotics (2PP) as well as some yummy cantaloupe (0 PP).  I'll let you know how it all tastes as I eat it!

No comments:

Post a Comment