Monday, May 2, 2011

Weigh in Monday--and restaurant RANT

OK. I guess when a restaurant doesn't list nutritional information that is a sign that I shouldn't eat there?!?

My husband wanted to eat out yesterday and I hadn't prepared for Sunday dinner since staying out half the night prior seeing my other boo, Usher....So we went to Tripps...Nothing online, the waiter was no help. So I decided on Chicken Tenders and 'steamed' veggies, and cinnamon apples. I had only had breakfast so I had a TON of points left.

Well that being said....The plate arrives. There is this liquid pooling around my tenders which is a no no in itself. DON'T MAKE MY FOOD TOUCH LIKE THAT!!!! Anyhow...I ask the waiter what the liquid is and he says BUTTER!

WHAT?

So I don't even touch the veggies. I ate a sliver of bread (~2pp) and my 5 tenders (~15pp-I know that's totally overestimating but I don't know--maybe there was butter in the batter)and my cinnamon apples (~5pp)


SO THEN SCALE TIME ARRIVES....I am down ONE POUND! I scream out...."YES" then I say to myself, "WHEW."

So total weight loss is 29 lbs! I am going to take a new pic this evening and take measurements. I shall share later. YAY!!!

2 comments:

  1. GIRL!!!! I almost got hemmed up on some veggies like that! The waitress asked if I wanted my broccoli "seasoned." The only reason I asked her what it was seasoned with is because I have picky taste buds (not me, mind you, my taste buds). Girl, when she said a butter sauce I was like, "That's not seasoning! No thanks, but thanks for asking me first!!!" I woulda been as heated as you AND mad it was touching my chicken. Don't make my fried chicken soggy, I don't get to eat it all that often! Dang! Oh, and congrats on the loss!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vigilance always pays off!

    ReplyDelete